The Scottish Beer & Pub Association is seeking a senior adviser to engage with stakeholders on key industry issues. The SBPA is part of the British Beer & Pub Association, the leading trade association representing the interests of the brewing and pub sectors in the UK.
Based in Edinburgh, the role will entail developing and maintaining strong relationships with the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government as well as local and trade media. Working closely with colleagues in London and industry members, the senior adviser will also provide support and advice on briefings, position papers, consultation responses and media queries as appropriates
Key duties will include:
- Representing the industry in the political arena, with particular focus on the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government but also including Scottish MPs on wider UK matters
- Delivering a focused public affairs contact programme
- Working closely with colleagues in supporting the work of the Association’s Executive Committee
- Representing the industry in meetings and on working groups with external stakeholders as appropriate
- Building press and media relations particularly local and trade press
- Advising and inputting on Association submissions to the Scottish Government and other related stakeholder consultations
The role would suit an experienced public affairs professional, ideally with existing strong links with the Scottish Government and Parliament and with the ability to develop these further. Excellent communication and relationship building skills are an absolute must as is the ability to work remotely but as part of close-knit team managing a very busy agenda. A positive “can do” attitude is key as is genuine desire in promoting what is a vibrant and diverse brewing and pub sector in Scotland.
The salary will be dependent on skills and experience but is likely to be in the region of £40,000 – £45,000 (pro-rata) plus benefits. Initially the role will on a one-year fixed term contract 3-4 days per week and be largely field-based. The closing date for applications is Friday 27th November 2015. To apply, please send email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position to Pamela Bates. Email email@example.com. Alternatively call Pamela on 0207 627 9173 for further information.