The Scottish Government Alcohol Industry Partnership (SGAIP), was launched in February 2007 and brings together all sectors of the drinks industry, including producers, on and off trade retailer representatives and licensee representatives with the Scottish Government.
The partnership aims to deliver joint initiatives to tackle alcohol related harm and promote responsible drinking through a range of different work streams.
The partnership has delivered a number of initiatives since its inception, including Alcohol Awareness Week, a model workplace alcohol policy, Alcohol Sponsorship Guidelines and the Fife Alcohol Partnership Programme.
Recent work streams include:
- Supporting delivery of Scottish Government and Drinkaware campaigns on responsible drinking.
- Supporting Best Bar None – a ‘model implementation’ through a pilot scheme.
- Supporting campaigns on the greater uptake of the 125ml wine measure in the on-trade
- Supporting the roll out of Community Alcohol Partnerships
- Support for Safezones
- New campaigns to tackle proxy purchasing
Full details can be found on the SGAIP webpage.